I came across two articles by two different authors on the CafeMom website. One listed dumb liberal quotes, the other the dumbest conservative quotes.
Normally, I ignore this kind of stuff. But I decided to print these quotes to remind us that folks in power, or with significant cultural influence, say truly dumb things. These are (were) folks who have (had) significant influence on government policies and social movements.
And some of the things said are truly outrageous and just plain dumb.
Now I didn’t pick out the quotations, I’m merely listing them. If this kind of thing annoys you, accept my apologies … and please find another post to read.[As an aside: all the liberal quotes chosen are dumb; some of the conservative ones, not so much. Some, not at all. That’s just me.]
Enjoy and Share (or not)
(by Jenny Erikson)
1. Sheryl Crow on Environmentalism: “I propose a limitation be put on how many sqares [sic] of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don’t want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.”
2. Joe Biden on culturalism: “In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”
3. Joy Behar on Economics: “Isn’t it a little racist to call it Black Friday?”
4. John Conyers on the Health Care Bill, which he voted for: “I love these members, they get up and say, ‘Read the bill … What good is reading the bill if it’s a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?'”
5. Rosie O’Donnell: “Don’t fear the terrorists. They’re mothers and fathers.”
6. Congressman Hank Johnson on Guam: “My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize,”
7. Nancy Pelosi on the economy: “every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs.”
8. Bill Clinton on ordinary Americans: “African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do.””
9. Bill Maher on Christianity: “I think religion is a neurological disorder.
10. Joe Biden on History: “When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, ‘Look, here’s what happened.”
11. Ted Rall: “Over time, however, the endless war in Iraq began to play a role in natural selection. Only idiots signed up; only idiots died. Back home, the average I.Q. soared.”
12. Henry Waxman on Environmentalism: “We’re seeing the reality of a lot of the North Pole starting to evaporate, and we could get to a tipping point. Because if it evaporates to a certain point – they have lanes now where ships can go that couldn’t ever sail through before. And if it gets to a point where it evaporates too much, there’s a lot of tundra that’s being held down by that ice cap.”
13. Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, DC: “If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate.”
14. California Senator Barbara Boxer: “Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, ‘Thank God, I’m still alive.’ But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again.”
15. Jerry Brown, former governor of California, and current candidate for the same position: “The conventional viewpoint says we need a jobs program and we need to cut welfare. Just the opposite! We need more welfare and fewer jobs.”
16. Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, DC: “I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where’s Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less.”
17. Al Gore on zoology: “A zebra does not change its spots.”
18. Congressman John Dingell on freedom: “The harsh fact of the matter is when you’re passing legislation that will cover 300 million American people in different ways, it takes a long time to do the necessary administrative steps that have to be taken to put the legislation together to control the people.”
19. John Kerry on health care: “I’m going to be honest with you — I don’t know a lot about Cuba’s healthcare system. Is it a government-run system?”
20. Congresswoman Maxine Waters on socialism: “Guess what this liberal would be all about? This liberal will be about socializing…uh, um…Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.”
(by Sasha Brown-Worsham)
21. Richard M. Nixon: “When the President does it, that means that it’s not illegal.”
22. Rush Limbaugh: “The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them.”
23. Jerry Falwell: “The ACLU is to Christians what the American Nazi party is to Jews.”
24. Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-North Carolina): ”Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you.”
25. Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele: ”We need to uptick our image with everyone, including one-armed midgets.”
26. Rush Limbaugh: ”Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.”
27. Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX): ”The greatest threat to America is not necessarily a recession or even another terrorist attack. The greatest threat to America is a liberal media bias.”
28. Dan Quayle: “Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts.”
29. Pat Robertson: ”The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.”
30. Sarah Palin: “Go back to what our founders and our founding documents meant — they’re quite clear — that we would create law based on the God of the bible and the Ten Commandments.”
31. John McCain: “What I don’t know is what the unexpected might be.”
32. Dan Quayle: “I love California; I practically grew up in Phoenix.”
33. Ann Coulter: “If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president.”
34. George W. Bush: “I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.”
35. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia: ”I even accept for the sake of argument that sexual orgies eliminate social tensions and ought to be encouraged.”
36. Rush Limbaugh: “Exercise freaks … are the ones putting stress on the health care system.”
37. Ronald Reagan: “I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.”
38. Jerry Falwell: “Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them.”
39. Ronald Reagan: “Trees cause more pollution than automobiles.”
40. Donald Rumsfeld: “I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started.”
Sources: Jenny Erikson is, in her own words, “a conservative chick with a strong opinion and a smart mouth. Sometimes sassy, sometimes sincere, always honest”. Sasha Brown-Worsham is a mother, runner, wife, editor, and writer.
Image: Stuart Hampton
After she drops from a plane, Brianne Thompson of AXIS FlightSchoolTV shoots a flare gun into her deployed parachute canopy.
I don’t know why. There is no commentary during this 57 second stupid stunt video. Only this:
Sometimes I feel I’m at the bottom of a hill, and a giant ever-growing snowball is hurdling towards me. It’s getting bigger and bigger, closer and closer. I have nowhere to go; I can’t get out of the way. That giant snowball is going to hit and bury me.
And it makes me mad.
That “snowball” is the ever-growing bureaucratic agencies that will eventually smother the rest of us living at the “bottom of the hill”. From their hilltop perch, these “visionary” elites launch proclamations, sling agendas, and crack whips.
All out of kindness, of course, because they know best. They are the smartest folks on the planet. And the most powerful practitioners of plantation politics.
Eventually, they will have so much power that the only free-breathing individuals will be those exalted ones living on top. Unencumbered by the rules and mandates they foist on the rest of us.
Anyway, that’s how I sometimes feel … especially when I read reports like the one below.
The Bell tolls … please Share.
Did you know that the United Nations intends to have biometric identification cards in the hands of every single man, woman and child on the entire planet by the year 2030?
And did you know that a central database in Geneva, Switzerland will be collecting data from many of these cards? … This new agenda truly is a template for a “New World Order”, and if you dig into the sub-points for these new Global Goals you find some very alarming things.
For example, Goal 16.9 sets the following target…
The United Nations is already working hard toward the implementation of this goal – particularly among refugee populations.
The UN has partnered with Accenture to implement a biometric identification system that reports information “back to a central database in Geneva”. The following is an excerpt from an article that was posted on findbiometrics.com…
I don’t know about you, but that sure does sound creepy to me.
And these new biometric identification cards will not just be for refugees. According to a different FindBiometrics report, authorities hope this technology will enable them to achieve the UN’s goal of having this kind of identification in the hands of every man, woman and child on the planet by the year 2030…
The Identification for Development (ID4D) initiative was originally launched by the World Bank, and they are proud to be working side by side with the UN to get “legal identity” into the hands of all. The following comes from the official website of the World Bank…
Of course all of this is being framed as a “humanitarian” venture right now, but will it always stay that way?
At some point will a universal biometric ID be required for everyone, including you and your family?
And what would happen if you refused to take it?
I could definitely foresee a day when not having “legal identification” would disqualify you from holding a job, getting a new bank account, applying for a credit card, qualifying for a mortgage, receiving any form of government payments, etc. etc. …
… What the elite want to do is to make sure that everyone is “in the system”. And it is a system that they control and that they manipulate for their own purposes. That is one of the reasons why they are slowly but surely discouraging the use of cash all over the world….
If you aren’t using cash, that means that all of your economic activity is going through the banks where it can be watched, tracked, monitored and regulated …
Source: If you’re looking for smart, insightful and well-documented content on the “state of the world”, read everything you can by Michael Snyder on his The Economic Collapse site.
Career Builder and EMSI (a medical information services provider) collect data all the time. Here, they took the data on the 53 largest cities in America and filtered it through 4 criteria:
So once all this data is crunched and spit out (definitely not Zombie-like), these cities now can be ranked for Z-Survival.
For instance, if you live in Nashville:
You’re the 33rd safest city overall … and you are now a lumbering Zombie.
Want to see how your (nearby) city ranks? GO HERE.
Enjoy and Share.
Image: Felicia Davis