[Video Review] Long Term Food Storage Option
Long Term Options
We’re always looking for long term food storage options. Food that will last a long time in their original packaging/containers. Food that provides calories for work and nutrition for health.
In this video review, J.J. Johnson of Reality Survival takes a look at the Valley Food Storage “One Month Food Kit” (made in the U.S.A). The specs:
- 85 individual, 250 calorie servings,
- 25 year storage rating (always a “grain of salt” here), and
- 5 mil Mylar resealable packages.
Okay, let’s do some simple arithmetic:
- 3 meals per day for one month is 84 servings, and
- 3 servings per day is 750 calories.
750 calories per day is a minimum. Especially if you’re doing anything strenuous.
If you prepped well, you must supplement this food kit with your canned goods, and some fruit and veggies.
Otherwise, it’s more of a 2-week supply. (Again, good for 4 weeks in an extreme crisis situation.)