Top 10 On Your Preppers Shopping List
Big Box Store Prep Goods List
This is not a complete list, or maybe not even the initial list of things you should be doing to prepare.
But it’s the first thing our family did. It was our first preppers shopping list. Having a head start on food and water storage just seemed smart.
And if you stock all that’s on this list, you’ll probably be smarter than most of the people you know … and all the people you don’t.
There are many options when securing food and other critical prep items [list items #7 through #10 below], but here is the “WalMart/Costco Method” for securing the top 10 items on a preppers list:
Top 10 “Store” Items On Prep Shopping List
1. Head to the nearest [big box store] and pick-up 20 lbs. of white or brown rice and 20 lbs. of pinto beans. White rice has a better storage life while brown rice has more nutritional benefits …
2. While you’re there grab 5 lbs. mixed beans, 5 lbs. of white sugar, 5 lbs. of iodized salt, one gallon of olive oil (can be frozen to extend shelf-life), 5 lbs. oats, 10 lbs. each of white or wheat flour and cornmeal.
3. … pick-up 20 cans of canned fruits and 20 cans of canned vegetables.
4. Pick-up 20 cans of various meats, salmon, stews, spam and tuna.
5. … the peanut butter shelf and toss two 40-ounce jars in the cart … Peanut butter is an excellent instant survival food.
6. Pick up two 72 Ounce Tang Orange drink canisters (provides 100% of the US RDA vitamin C requirement per 8 oz. glass).
7. Off to the vitamin and supplement aisle, pick up 400 tablets “one a day” multivitamin and mineral supplements.
8. Go to the camping aisle and pick up 4 five gallon water containers. Fill with tap water as soon as you get back home.
9. While you’re there buy 250 rounds of ammunition for your primary defensive weapon … Also a good universal cleaning kit.
10. And lastly pick up the best LED flashlight you can afford, extra batteries and bulb … Don’t forget to date, use and rotate – remember first in first out.
Source: M.D. Creekmore is one of the most respected prepping experts. Everyone should read all of his insightful articles.