[Video] Outline Of Ultimate Essentials Survival Training
The Core 4
David of Ultimate Survival Tips gives a behind the scenes look of Day One of his Fall Ultimate Essentials Level 1 Training class.
The video outlines class topics centered on both the survival mindset (how you deal with situations) and critical thinking skills (how you determine survival priorities).
Set in the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania, the essentials survival training extends the “Core 4” (shelter, water, fire, food) adding
- rescue/concealment (situational),
- safety, self-defense, protection (security), and
- first aid.
Law of 3’s
And, as expected with any survival essentials course, the initial discussion hinges on the well-known Law of 3’s. With a couple of twists:
- 3 minutes: air and blood flow/loss,
- 3 hours: regulation of body core temperature (shelter, fire and clothing),
- 3 days: water,
- 3 weeks: food, and
- 3 months: companionship (think Tom Hanks in the Castaway movie).